Re: FreeBSD

Dan Melomedman wrote:
I don't know how FreeBSD can do it, but PAM under Linux is a dirty hack. Try to do it without PAM on FreeBSD (if FreeBSD even supports PAM) first. Also, I've heard of NIS-to-LDAP gateways used for this purpose.

If I'm not mistaken, FreeBSD as of Version 4.x (or earlier) does not support the name service switch facility in its libc. So you won't be able to use nsswitch-ldap nor will it be ported due to above reason.
Likely to change with 5.x, but that still has a long way to go

P.S.: FreeBSD does support and use PAM by default. Not too sure, but I believe its a ported version of Linux-pam.