Re: TLS/SSL

--On Mittwoch, 13. März 2002 15:03 -0800 Steve Lee <maillist@blitzen.net> wrote:

I have both linux and solaris running ldap.
 the ldap server is a linux box, solaris is a
 client that auth against linux. however, the
 TLS/SSL doesn't seem to work.

 on my solaris box however, the ssl portion doesn't seem to work
 1.  i can do a "ldapsearch -x -ZZ uid=stevelee"  and this returns data.
 2.  the system auths but i have to put in /etc/ldap.conf
     port 389
     instead of port 636 like the other linux clients.
 3.  i know that ssl is not working since i use ethereal to see if it
     is sending data plain text.

See http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/185.html

--
Norbert Klasen, Dipl.-Inform.
DAASI International GmbH                 phone: +49 7071 29 70336