saslRegexp does not seem to be implemented in config

Has anyone else noticed the apparent non-implementation of the saslRegexp configuration option as of OpenLDAP 2.0.23?

I need to map an incoming sasl name (UID=JBLOGGS+REALM=DEV.NET) onto an ldap name (uid=jbloggs, ou=staff, dc=micro,dc=com) so that I can create ACLs that limit some information to particular users.

If it is not there yet then I think the Admin guide shoud be amended so people aren't mislead.

Regards,

Tim