Re: second userpassword?

Susanne Benkert wrote:
I know that userPassword is a "multiple values attribute" but that doesn't really help me, because I have to use different passwords for different services and different levels of security.

the easiest (meaning "simple") solution for that might be to just add one entry for each service you'd like to serve, like that:

dn: uid=john,ou=mailuser,dc=company,dc=com
userpassword: foo

dn: uid=john,ou=homepageuser,dc=company,dc=com
userpassword: bar

that solution can be used easily with all kind of LDAP-aware software..

another possibility is to add your own attributes like "mailpassword", "hompagepassword" and thelike and change your client software to use that for authentication.. LDAP design would be much nicer in that case, but it'll be quite a hack on the client side, i'd guess..

hth, daniel