Newbie question

Good Morning,
I have gotten opeladap running on RedHat 7.2 in good order. However I have a
couple of issues that I am still having difficulties with.

First of all, how do users change their ldap password? I have tried the
"passwd command and I get prompted for the old ldap password and a new
passwd but it never does seem to update.

Secondly, is there something that I need to configure to get automounts to
work? I used one of Luke Howards migration scripts to migrate from NIS. The
schema appears to be a part of the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Stan