Re: Indexes not building correctly in OpenLDAP 2.0.21?

Did you ever bother to check the actual output instead of just counting
the lines? I will show you.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, John Dalbec wrote:
> I'm getting flaky search results from trailing wildcards.  I have 30
> people that should match the first two searches and 33 that should match
> the last two.  I just dumped and reloaded my database
> [jpdalbec@mail03 perl]$ ldapsearch -x 'ou=computer services' -LLL dn |
> wc -l
>      60

30 results and 30 empty lines. So it is exactly correct count.

> [jpdalbec@mail03 perl]$ ldapsearch -x 'ou=computer services' -LLL dn |
> sort | uniq | wc -l
>      31

30 different result lines + 1 empty line. Still exactly what you wanted.

And so on. Actually check the results first before yelling for help in
the mailing list.