Re: slurpd.replog truncation?

Hello Christine,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:34:09AM +1100, Christine Robertson wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> No need to worry -- slurpd removes the data from the replog as soon as it's
> done its thing.  On success, the info vanishes, on failure, to a reject file.
> The reject file you do have to process by hand, but then, you should anyway ;-).

this is what puzzled me; I expected replog to be cleared immediately
after replication.

However, after watching the replog over several days, I have noticed
that it gets truncated every now and then... it grows to 20-30 kb, and
then the next day it is back to maybe 2kb.. with new content.

So I guess slurpd is doing its job :)
I'm not sure if housekeeping is done at regular time intervals, or
if it happens when a certain sizelimit is reached.

> --Chris

Thanks,
 Stefan

> P.S.  You can see this happen by running a tail -f on you replog file as you
> make a change, then once the info appears, stop the tail, do a ls -l or the log,
> and you'll see it's empty again.

well, not in my setup :)