Re: Problem with slapadd

At 10:47 AM 2002-03-06, Anthony Brock wrote:
>>I am running OpenLDAP HEAD branch and attempting to run the command:
>>
>># slapadd -c -l testdata.ldif
>>slapadd: dn="dc=georgefox,dc=edu" (line=8): no structural object classes
>provided
>>slapadd: dn="uid=abrock,dc=georgefox,dc=edu" (line=91): invalid
>structural object class chain (gfuPerson/ctCalUser)
>>#
>>
>>I am assuming that the "no structural object classes provided" is due to
>this being the first entry in the database (i.e., I am NOT creating a
>"dc=edu" object).

Okay, I am now baffled by the "no structural object classes provided" error. I can understand the first error if I don't have an object for called:

dn: dc=edu

However, why would I received this error if I have an existing object:

dn: dc=georgefox,dc=edu

and want to add:

dn: dc=staff,dc=georgefox,dc=edu

I fixed the second error above base on advise from Kurt. However, the program now performs a Segmentation Fault when it encounters the first error later in the same file (see ITS#1632). Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions. Testing the HEAD branch is an interesting task...

Tony

* Anthony Brock                                         abrock@georgefox.edu *
* Director of Network Services                         George Fox University *