Re: ACL problem -- user accessing own password

Hi John,
	Thanks for your suggestion re checking the binding.  I have
now worked out what's happening, though I'm not sure if LDAP
is doing the right thing or not.  It's due to our setup --
dc=cordoors,dc=com in one directory with refs to dc=au,dc=cordoors,dc=com
dc=xx,dc=cordoors,dc=com ... which are in separate directories.

I am binding fine as me to begin with, but the bind id gets
lost along the way of chasing the references, so that when
it comes to actually getting the record values, it's effectively
anonymous.  Even for the root DN.  I don't know if this is
a bug or not, so I'll ask the list.

Dammit, I *knew* my inital bind was OK, 'cause I was getting
the expected results for wrong passwords etc.  Didn't occur
to me the bind might break along the way.

--Chris Robertson