Re: New attribute -

--On Dienstag, 5. März 2002 10:39 -0800 Raed Nashef <rnashef@baxglobal.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to OpenLDAP and LDAP in general, and I have couple off questions.

(1)  I'm trying to load an LDIF file  that  I dumped from Lotus Notes(LN)
LDAP R5.  The LN admin added a new attribute to the person  object class
and he called it  BAXREGION.  Of course this attribute does not exist in
the OpenLDAP schema, so I need to add this attribute to the person object
class.  How do I do that ?

(2) My second question,  is there a "dominoperson"  objectclass in
OpenLDAP??  I searched but did not find one!!! Is there a way to add such
an objectclass to OpenLDAP?

If Domino's LDAP server provides a subSchemaSubentry (anyone?) you could just read the relevant definitions for attribute types and object classes from this entry. Store them in a file, replace "attributetypes:" by "attributetype" and "objectclasses:" by "objectclass", and include this file in your slapd.conf. See the Administrator's Guide for more information on schemas.

--
Norbert Klasen, Dipl.-Inform.
DAASI International GmbH                 phone: +49 7071 29 70336