Re: parent does not exist

Hi Raed,

I added the following based on your suggestion I received.  dn: ou=People
and o=University were already defined in the ldif file.  It still gives me
the same error.  I've attached the complete ldif file for anyone who's
interested to take a look at it.  As I said the files came with the
downloaded openldap-2.0.11 version.  May be I'll just go to my local
bookstore and look for a book on ldap. (smiley here)

thanks again

<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
dn: ou=Groups,o=University of Michigan,c=US
ou:  Groups
objectclass: organizationalUnit
<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dn: ou=People and o=University   as defined in the file

<<<<< <<<<<>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

dn: ou=People, o=University of Michigan, c=US
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: People

dn: o=University of Michigan, c=US
objectclass: top
objectclass: organization
objectclass: domainRelatedObject
l: Ann Arbor, Michigan
st: Michigan
o: University of Michigan
o: UMICH
o: UM
o: U-M
o: U of M
postaladdress: University of Michigan $ 535 W. William St. $ Ann Arbor, MI
481
 09 $ US
telephonenumber: +1 313 764-1817
associateddomain: umich.edu