Roaming Access and Address Book of Netscape 4/6

Hi All:

Is there some comprehensive documentation about
using LDAP for provide Roaming Access and Address Book content to Netscape 4 and 6 ?
I've managed to setup a configuration using inetOrgPerson
objectclass and could access it from address book of netscape 4.7 (but not from netscape 6). But I couldn't add new entries!!
I think inetOrgPerson isn't the best choice for this job. Am I right ??
I also think I must use netscape-profile.schema. But how ?
I need also to store other atributtes like UID, GID, SHELL and password
to perform authentication from many kind of services like login shell, SMTP (sendmail), Samba, Apache (mod_auth_ldap), Webmail, own developed
PHP routines, and so on. In other words, I'd like to unify my user
database using LDAP. This protocol was developed to this goal,
isn't it ?? ;-) So, which documentation I have to read ? I've already
read OpenLDAP 2.0 Administrator's Guide and part of Adam William's presentation.....

I've got more than 3000 users. It is not too easy to administrate various users databases :-) and make they be synched :-). That's why I'm considering LDAP.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

bests regards

--
Lucas Brasilino