LDAP & Exchange 2000 in Active Directory

Hi everybody,

My current goal is to list the "contacts" contained in a Microsoft Exchange
2000 Server running on an Active Directory domain. First of all, I noticed
that in an Active Directory model, it is ADS which is listening on port 389
and not LDAP. That is right the beginning of a long journey ...

First of all, I should precise I am using OpenLDAP 2.0.23.

I began with a simple test : `ldapsearch -x -b CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=fr`
... and it fails. Obviously it is because the "Users" container in Active
Directory is not readable by "Everybody", and because I should bind to a
valid user in the domain to list this container. Well, I modified this and
now I am able with the same command to lists all users.

It is not what I actually want, because I am listing "Users" and not the
potential mail recipients. It is not really a problem, because for each user
I could do something like this : `ldapsearch -x -b CN="My
Name",CN=Users,DC=gipmds-local,DC=fr` ... unfortunately not, because once
again, to do this, the user "My Name" should have a permission "Read public
parameters" granted to "Everybody". Well, after granting the right
permission to the user "My Name", I can do more :

[fred@ws fred]$ ldapsearch -LLL -x -b CN="My
User",CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=fr mail
dn: CN=My User,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=fr
mail: My.User@mydomain.fr

So it is not exactly the same thing than listing recipients in Exchange
Server through LDAP, but the result is here : it is working.

Perhaps has someone something else, more "efficient" than that ?