Re: AW: Proofed slapd.conf + *.ldif example ??

<quote who="Murat Ünalan">
> :: here is one i setup last night, which works for me:
>
> What a pity, but it failed with following result (which was also my
> initial problem, not been able to ldapadd):

maybe its a bug in the redhat system

i would recompile openldap from source and see if that
helps.

i compile with these options:
--enable-debug --enable-syslog --enable-proctitle --enable-cache
--enable-referrals --enable-local --with-readline --with-threads
--enable-slapd --enable-cleartext --enable-crypt --enable-passwd
--enable-multimaster --enable-phonetic --enable-rlookups
--enable-dynamic --disable-dnssrv --enable-ldap --enable-ldbm
--enable-shell --enable-slurpd --enable-shared --with-tls
--prefix=/usr/local/openldap

you'll need all the right dev packages to do it though.
i've compiled it on debian 2.2, debian 3.0 and solaris 7.
i was unable to compile it on freebsd 4.4

this also may be useful:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/s1-ldap-files.html
I also found this guide priceless last week:
http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html

that gives detailed how-to instructions to build from source.

beyond that ..email redhat support. that config works on
at least 3 of my openldap 2.0.23 servers that i have built
in the last week.

nate