Re: Proofed slapd.conf + *.ldif example ??

<quote who="Solve Cool">
> Hello Friends
>         I am using RedHat 7.1 , I tired to copy your slapd.conf and
>
> *.ldif files, I did the necessary changes to incluse the  schema
> path as  for rh7.1 and restarted the ldap , and when I  issue the
> command ldapadd
>
> I get this error message
>              "ldap_add:  Insufficient access "
>  I tried lots of options by changing the rights and did lots of
>  R&D, no
> improvement with ldapadd, Please do help me with sovling this error
> , or  do send a working [ tested}  copy of slapd.conf and *.ldif
> files, on  RH7.1   so I can compare

i don't use redhat anywhere. but openldap is openldap.

use the command:
ldapadd -f BASE.ldif -x -D "cn=admin,o=linuxpowered,c=us" -w secret

once that is done, edit slapd.conf, remove the rootpw setting
and add accounts.ldfi this time use -w slapd instead of secret.

it can't hurt to rm the data that is in your LDAP directory
beforehad(if there is any) when i started my LDAP data
directory was empty.

like i said before, i did this last night from scratch on
my solaris 7 system..

if your not willing to do anything on your own I suggest
getting a redhat support contract and contacting them,
that is perhaps redhat's strongest feature - support.

good luck

nate
(debian/solaris/freebsd user)