Re: LDAP authentication problem

>I am having problems authenticating my Win2k LDAP client with my
>HP-UX LDAP server. I am trying to bind to the server using ADSI (in C++)
>which is supposedly built on LDAPv3. So far as I can tell from the
>MSDN documentation it may not even be possible to authenticate a Windows
>client with a non Windows server. Is this true? If anybody has
>succesfully done it I would be greatly appreciative if they could tell
>me how they managed it.

Not certain what you mean by "authenticate" since you mention C++.  Is
this for Windows logon or some application?  For logon you cannot
authenticate directly against an LDAP server,  but Samba 2.2.3 can go
between a WinY2k client as an NT4 domain server and an LDAP directory.
That works great.

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS