Re: Problem with SQL backend

Please send me slapd debug output wiht highest debug level - maybe I'll find something there...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 12:39 PM
Subject: RE: Problem with SQL backend

I installed the ODBC from the RPMs coming with Mandrake
rpm -qa | grep ODBC
libunixODBC2-2.0.8-7mdk
unixODBC-2.0.8-7mdk
unixODBC-gui-gtk-2.0.8-7mdk
libunixODBC2-devel-2.0.8-7mdk

Before i installed this packages and tryed to install the source code for the 2.0.23 when i run the ./configure --enable-sql he did return an error complaining about ODBC but after this RPMs are installed he doesn't complain ... just doesn't start the service when i want him to.

If in the source i use ./configure --with-module-sql the error returned is:
checking configure arguments... configure: error: bad value yes for --with-sql_module

Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Nuno Branco

PS. I'm sorry if i sent this message more than once but i'm having some kind of trouble with my mail client.

-------------
Hello,

do you have any ODBC manager installed on your system? The problem could be in that back-sql
module failed to load ODBC library...

As for 2.0.23, it may well be that it's configure was not updated/tested to build back-sql, because it is
kinda paused. There are too much things left to do in back-sql to make it up to date (applying several
patches, unicode support etc), but I still cannot get to it... So if you want to use back-sql with later
versions - you will have to review configure scripts and other possible missynchronized places
yourself.

WBW, Dmitry

--
Atentamente,