Re: thanks and ldapsearch output

http://www.openldap.org

> I ran the ldapsearch with some additional printf statements
> and am enclosing the output: again it seems to me that the
> slapd deamon is running because I can see it from ps but
> it doesn't seem that the ldapsearch can find it:

Your ldap server is running, otherwise, you would have gotten an error
saying "unable to find LDAP server" or something like that.

> I'm running the command as you suggested:
>
>  > ldap_create
>  > Enter LDAP Password:
>  > ldap_bind_s
>  > ldap_simple_bind_s
>  > ldap_sasl_bind_s
>  > ldap_sasl_bind
>  > ldap_send_initial_request
>  > ldap_new_connection
>  > ldap_int_open_connection
>  > ldap_connect_to_host: localhost
>  > ldap_new_socket: 4
>  > ldap_prepare_socket: 4
>  > ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 127.0.0.1:9009
>  > ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 4 tm: -1 async: 0
>  > ldap_ndelay_on: 4
>
> It just hangs after the ndelay message.
>
>  > And ?why? do you want to TELNET to a LDAP server?
>
> I tried telnet because I thought it would hit localhost:9009 and
> if slapd were running, at least I would get some indication of it.
> I'm on the periphery of my penumbra, here.

nonononono.  If you'd like to browse your tree, search for a client aka GQ
or so, or implement one yourself, should you have too much time on your
hands :-)

Raf

--
As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing
ACUNIA nv                                          raf.meeusen@acunia.com