pam/nss ldap authentication against ms exchange 5.5

hi,

we want to establish ldap authentication for linux redhat 7.2 machines
against an existing exchange 5.5 (ldap) server.

while I have seen from different posts that querying using basic ldap
clients like ldapsearch does work I have doubts whether the task of
actually authenticating linux users on this basis can be done "out of
the box".

as far as I know exchange does not store user passwords in its ldap db.
rather it relies on the underlying win nt accounts.

any ideas, hints, tips, experiences on this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

--

Andrej Radonic      interSales AG Internet Commerce
ar@intersales.de    Koeln / Cologne

Tel: + 49 (0) 2 21 - 27 90 50
Fax: + 49 (0) 2 21 - 27 90 517

http://www.intersales.de