RE: replication question; start_tls

Start by reading section 3.6 of RFC 2830, that should give you the
information
you need. The answer is to add an X509v3 extension to each server's
certificate
that specifies an alternate name to use for verification. The LDAP library
will look for this subjectAltName first, and will fall back to the
certificate's
commonName if there are no matching alternates.

Though it will work either way, I usually set the machine's unique name in
the certificate's CN and put the shared name(s) in the subjectAltName
extension.
Also, RFC 2830 specifies that you can use a '*' as a wildcard match. While
the
RFC does not explicitly specify where wildcards can appear, the LDAP library
only allows wildcards in the subjectAltName, not the commonName.

  -- Howard Chu