ldap unavailable

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help.  I have openldap working fine one minute
and very occasionaly it cannot be reached.  I can contact the directory
using an application, Internet explorer etc on the network; then the next
minute for some reason I can't explain it cannot be reached, but there
doesn't appear to be any problems with the network, its still working and I
havn't changed anything in slapd or the application contacting the ldap
directory.  Actually Netscape operating on the same machine as openldap
can't contact it.  The following message appears in my log file around this
time, can anyone tell me what the problem might be, and what,s causing it or
direct me to a site that can explain this message:

daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)

sincerley
PM