Re: SQL queries of LDAP directory

Check out the jdbc driver for LDAP that we make here at Novell.

http://developer.novell.com/ndk/ldapjdbc.htm

Last year at plugfest I tested it against Novell, OpenLDAP, iPlanet...
etc.  It is read only and performance suffers on large queries - joins
are
performed in the driver itself.

I suppose you can join tables from different drivers - I've never tried
it
before but I've heard that there exist utilities to do that kinda
thing.

- Cameron

Cameron Morris
Novell, Inc., a leading provider of Net business solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> Allan Streib <astreib@indiana.edu> 02/18/02 09:49AM >>>
Are there any tools that provide a SQL interface to LDAP directories?
I have seen mention of something called Enlist, but the link at
ldapzone.com is broken.

Ideally what I am looking for is a something that would allow me to
write a SELECT query that would "join" Oracle tables with the
directory using a SQL syntax.  I don't need to support directory
updates via SQL.  Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Thanks,

Allan