Re: SIGSEGV slapd 2.0.21

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> > I guess the next step is recompiling with -g and going digging with gdb,
> > which, quite honestly, doesn't thrill me to bits.  I'll do it if it's
> > absolutely necessary, but I don't relish the thought.  Anyone got any nicer
> > suggestions for trying to find the problem, and helping out the OpenLDAP
> > developers?
>
> I guess you know the answer ... go submit a backtrace to the ITS :)

Oh yeah, I know that.  But getting that backtrace is going to be a pig.
Rebuild the package with -g, install, test, get it back off again.  Lather,
rinse, repeat, for all the libraries.  Lack of a testing server is biting me
hard in the arse now.  (Small Uni environments suck).

I'm just lazy, and was looking for the easy answer.

Hey, that's a thought - why don't more applications include a SIGSEGV signal
handler?  <g>  No, I'm not volunteering to code the generic sigsegv signal
handler from hell...

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au