SASL binding on a newly installed server

Hi,

(Please bear with me, I am a complete LDAP newbie!)

I'd like to bind to my newly setup server as
'cn=Manager,dc=steltor,dc=com' using SASL. For example I try to run the
following command:

/usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -b 'dc=steltor,dc=com' -D
'cn=Manager,dc=steltor,dc=com' -w 'secret' -I '(objectclass=*)'

but I get the error:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

I am also running the server in debug mode, and I don't seem to be
getting any relevant output (I get plenty of debug logging when I bind
without SASL). The search seems to work fine when running the above
command using '-x' instead of '-I'.

I made sure that, during compilation, my Cyrus SASL headers/libraries
were detected and SASL support was compiled into the server.

I am using OpenLDAP 2.0.9 on a Linux/x86 box.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,
-Mani