Re: LDPA dies on SIGHUP

>>Is there a way to reload or otherwise define or change ACLs without
>>restarting?
>No. Actually, there's been a lot of discussion on the topic; the
>result is that there's no safe way to change the ACLs while
>continuing service, so the difference between stopping/restarting
>and freezing it is quite small and not worth the effort of reworking
>that much the code.

Define ACLs using regular expressions or groups,  possibly in addition
to the ACI support and there really is very little need to alter
the ACL stack.

ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS

"Certainly, we should hold individuals accountable for
 what they did wrong, and we probably will punish some,
 although many others will wiggle away, hiding behind the
 skirts of high-priced lawyers and political connections.
 But we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they did
 what they did because the current system allowed it. In
 fact, the system encouraged it."

 --"Ethics Matters" columnist Carlton Vogt, writing about
 Enron.