No such attribute

Hello,

I'm having an awfull time with openldap.  I had it working once, but the
server IP was changed and it didn't work right after that.  I tried
re-installing openldap but am now worse off.  I have openldap 2.0.11-8
installed on a linux web server.
My slapd.conf file has the following settings:
suffix   "dc=172.16.1.2"
rootdn   "cn=Manager,dc=172.16.1.2"
directory   /var/lib/ldap

I restarted ldap, and then went to /var/lib/ldap.   There I created an
apitools.ldif:
dn: dc=172.16.1.2
objectclass: top
objectclass: organization
dc: 172.16.1.2

I try to import apitools.ldif,    ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=172.16.1.2"
-W -v -f apitools.ldif
I get the following error message:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks