Issues with slapd failing under RH 7.2?

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any particular success or failure
with openldap running on RedHat 7.2?

I've tried half a dozen different versions of openldap all the way up to
2.0.21, both RedHat's RPMS and clean builds, both gdbm and sleepycat,
and no matter what I do, anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours
later the slapd daemon fails.

We've got about 10000 entries in LDAP, and our db is between 8M and 15M
(depending on the database used), and we've got about 8 servers pointing
at it using nss_ldap and such.  I can't find anything that consistently
crashes the software.

We've re-installed 7.2 on another box and had the same problems.  We
don't have the problem on 6.2 or 7.0.  The main difference that I'm
aware of between 7.0 and 7.2 is the 2.2->2.4 kernel, but I've not heard
reports of OpenLDAP not working on 2.4 kernels.  Another interesting
tidbit is that after we pointed our clients to the box running 6.2/7.0

Does anyone have any similar experiences or any thoughts on how to trace
this problem.  It's so consistent for us, that I'm surprised nobody else
has experienced it.

Thanks

Dana