Simple question: ldaps:/// or ldaps://?

Hi,

I use SSL/TLS to secure my Openldap Communication. Therefor I started slapd with:

/usr/local/openldap/libexec/slapd -h "ldaps:/// ldap:///"; -f /usr/local&openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf

like described in the FAQ. In general this works all right, but as I found out some client programms (like GQ) can't connect with the Ldapserver, if I started the slapd like this.

But with

seems to work better. Are there any disadvantages in using this? What is the main difference between these two ways to start slapd?

As anybody experience in getting the adressbook of Mozilla working with an Openldap directory? It was running serveral days ago (but only without SSL/TLS), but now it has a "Server search problem". The thing is, that I don't know what I changed. - With Netscape the adressbook & Ldap-stuff works fine. Can't anybody give me some advise?

Thank you and bye Susanne