Re: ldapadd: Can't contact LDAP server ( Debian Linux package)

Fozia Zaidi wrote:

Hi,

Installed openldap using the debian linux package (Potato distribution). The slapd appears to be running normally. I'm going through the quickstart guide. When I type the command:

ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=karthika,dc=com" -W -f test.ldif

I get the following messages:

adding new entry dc=ssa2,dc=com
ldapadd: Can't contact ldap server
ldapadd: additional info: Referral
ldap://ldap.four11.com

Any help would be appreciated...

the actual hostname that this machine is running on is named ssa2 (not ssa2.com).

Fozia

the slapd.conf is as follows:

# This is the main ldapd configuration file.

snip

# Where clients are refered to if no
# match is found locally
referral ldap://ldap.four11.com

Looking at your error message, I'd comment out the above "referral" line and restart your daemon.

# End of ldapd configuration file

Bob