Re: OpenLDAP with 35000 users

	Hi, I don't understand what do you mean by saying 'how to architecture the final system?'. Are you saying about the configuration of the system that I'm going to run?
	I'm thinking on a PIII 1GHz with 512MB RAM, RAID1 with 30GB SCSI. And a cluster of postfix servers doing frontend.

Bye

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 02:15:26PM +0100, Prune wrote:

> hi,
>
> do you think one box with postfix will be enought ?
> If not, you'll have to dispatch the load. Then, you can easily create
> replica's and share the load to multiple ldap servers. Of ourse, the
> master will have to deal with 35000 entries read.write. but you will not
> have so many writes a day, do you ?
>
> Maybe you also need to consider another ldap server (netscape,... ?).
> I just read some test saying that it was more stable.
>
> Do you know how to architecture the final system ?
>
> --
> This is not solution, just clues.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Prune

Borges & Rinolfi Soluções em Redes Corporativas
Security Officer
Profissional Certificado Conectiva Linux
www.techs.com.br/kidmumu - UIN 4553082 - LC 83522