Search failure during update

Hi,

I have a problem when I look up an entry which is being updated. About
50% of the time, the search operation returns 0 entry while the entry
really exists. I use openldap-2.0.11 and I neither use dbnosync nor
dbcachenosync options.

For example, if I run the following two commands at the same time, 50% of
the time the search gives no entry as a result.

ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com' -w mysecret -f update.ldif

with update.ldif containing:

dn: uid=myuid,ou=People,dc=mydomain,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: someAttribute
someAttribute: someValue

ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com' -w mysecret \
  -b 'dc=mydomain,dc=com' '(uid=myuid)' 'cn'

about 50% of the time the search gives:

version: 2

#
# filter: (uid=myuid)
# requesting: cn
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

Do you have any idea why the write and the read are not correctly
serialized by openldap in this case ?

Best regards.