load_schema_map() doesn't do anything

Hi,

I found something new to dig a little bit deeper into my issues with using
MySQL as LDAP backend.
When I invoke slapd -d5 it reports:
-------- snip -------------
backsql_get_db_conn(): first call -- reading schema map
==>load_schema_map()
<==load_schema_map()
<==backsql_get_db_conn()
==>backsql_free_db_conn()
backsql_free_db_conn(): closing db connection
-------- snip -------------

I have seen different examples on the web where
actually date were loaded. So I guess, I miss something here.
How do I get the scheme into the back-end?
Do I have to load the schema manually into the database?
Can anybody point me in a direction please?

My slapd.conf file is:
----- snip -----------
include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

database        sql
suffix          "dc=prager,dc=ws"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=prager,dc=ws"
rootpw          *****
dbname          ldap
dbuser          Manager
dbpasswd        *****
subtree_cond    "ldap_entries.dn LIKE CONCAT('%',?)"
insentry_query  "INSERT INTO ldap_entries (dn,oc_map_id,parent,keyval)
VALUES (?,?,?,?)"
Thanks,
-- Bernd