Re: Problem retrieving binary

As far I know, one way to retrieve a binary attribute value is to set a
system
environment variable to let the system know that the value of the
attribute
to be returned is binary. The code may look like

    env.put( "java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary", "attrName" );
    byte[] byteValue = attrValues.next();

-Steve

>>> "Pablo Victory" <pvictory@labs.fuegotech.com> 18-Jan-02 10:35:09 AM

I'm trying to retrive an attribute defined as binary.  I'm using
openldap and I am accesing it through JNDI from a Java program. Though
the storage operation seems to be working fine, when I retrieve the
attribute I get back a String and not a Byte array. I am not shure that
the store worked as it should (I mean that a binary was actually stored
and not a String). I've checked past posts and there seems to be a
problem with binary attributes in OpenLDAP. How can I store and retrieve
binaries? What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

    -- Paul