Newbie Question --what is ldapsearch telling me?

I'm trying to move from a v1 openldap,  which somebody
else set up,  to v2 on a SuSE Linux 7.3 system,  using
the  OpenLDAP 2.0.12-Release  that comes with it.  The
database has been primed with the same LDIF used to
start the old v1.

slapd.conf looks like (minus most of the `#' lines):

  # Added following 1 line to original from v1:
  include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

  include         /etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
  include         /etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf

  schemacheck     off
  sizelimit       2000

  pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
  argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

  database        ldbm
  suffix          "o=myorg, c=us"
  rootdn          "cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us"
  rootpw          secret

  directory       /usr/tmp

  defaultaccess   read
  access to attr=userpassword
    by self write
    by dn="cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us" write
    by * none

A "slapcat" shows:

  # slapcat
  dn: o=myorg, c=us
  objectClass: organization
  creatorsName: cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us
  createTimestamp: 20020116221959Z
  modifiersName: cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us
  modifyTimestamp: 20020116221959Z

  dn: cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us
  cn: ldap
  objectClass: administration
  creatorsName: cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us
  createTimestamp: 20020116221959Z
  modifiersName: cn=ldap, o=myorg, c=us
  modifyTimestamp: 20020116221959Z

However,  a ldapsearch doesn't show anything:

  # ldapsearch -h localhost -v -x -w secret -b "o=myorg, c=us"
  ldap_init( localhost, 0 )
  filter: (objectclass=*)
  requesting: ALL
  version: 2