UTF-8 & internationalization

OpenLDAP: 2.0.19
OS: Windows NT
Server: OpenLDAP 2.0.19 slapd
Client: OpenLDAP 2.0.19 C API

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup an LDAP which has values in different languages,
i.e. English, Chinese, French, etc. I encoded the values in UTF-8 and am
currently having some problems when I try to search for certain entries.
Specifically, I encoded Chinese characters in UTF-8 and when I have odd
number of Chinese characters as the value, it fails while it succeeds if
it is even. Another thing is that I did not encode the attribute names
as they are in English. Am I doing this the wrong way? Are there more
stuff I should be looking at? Thanks in advance for any help.

-Alvin