problem with replication

I have two ldap servers. 1 master and 1 slave. If I make an update to the master, the master updates the slave fine. But if I send an update to the slave, the slave is not referring the master.

Here is my slapd.conf for my slave:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nadf.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/krb5-kdc.schema
schemacheck     off
include         /etc/openldap/acls/acl1
pidfile         /usr/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/var/slapd.args
loglevel        256

database        ldbm
cachesize       0
suffix          "dc=domain,dc=com"
directory       /home/openldap/domain-ldbm
rootdn          "cn=secret,dc=domain,dc=com"
rootpw          secret
updatedn        "cn=secret,dc=domain,dc=com"
updateref       "ldap://ldap1:389/dc=domain,dc=com";

index default pres,eq
index objectClass eq
index memberUid,gidNumber eq
index uid,cn,sn,uidNumber,userPassword,givenName,telephoneNumber,mail,title,homePhone,mobile,pager,roomNumber,homeDirectory,loginShell,gecos,mailLocalAddress,mailRoutingAddress,mailhost eq

lastmod         on

And here is my slapd.conf for my master: include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/nadf.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/krb5-kdc.schema schemacheck off include /etc/openldap/acls/acl1 pidfile /usr/var/slapd.pid argsfile /usr/var/slapd.args loglevel 256

database ldbm
suffix "dc=domain,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=secret,dc=domain,dc=com"
rootpw secret