Re: Password Problem

Hi There,
Man i wrote this problem on this long time back but it
seems noone is willing to help out!

It seems that OPENLDAP 2.x HAS A BUG !

the encyption scheme for CRYPT is not all right!
if u dont believe me and try to encrypt your users
password using the LDAP frond utility GQ!

and then try to authenticate your user using COURIER
IMAP and qmail-pop3d .. it will work!!!

i tried using password_format_salt .. but no luck ..

and also i observed no matter watever password scheme
i choose {crypt} {sha} etc.. man it always gives out
the encypted string .. pretty strange eh!

but oh well am gonna wait for the next release!
right now am using IBM LDAP . its FREE of cost and
downloaded .. and it works great in performance for
over 200,000 records

any takers for this problem ????

-Rajat