Re: Thread safety question

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 05:59 AM 2002-01-03, Michael Ströder wrote:
> >
> >I'm currently maintaining python-ldap which is mainly a C wrapper
> >module around the OpenLDAP 2 libs. The LDAP session handle once
> >gathered is solely used within a LDAPObject instance.
>
> All calls which are not associated with a session handle,
> including ldap_init(), must be serialized.  All calls
> which are associated with a particular session handle
> must be serialized.  But calls associated with different
> session handles can be made concurrently.
>
> That is, for N session handles, you can have N+1 threads
> of execution.  One for each session, one for everything
> else.

Ok, then with -lldap_r I could have one global lock for the
functions not using a LDAP session handle and one lock for each of
my LDAPObject instances which hold a single LDAP session handle.
Great!

I noticed that ldap_r/ of HEAD contains C sources for all LDAP
operations and REL_ENG_2 does not. What are the plans for
back-porting ldap_r to REL_ENG_2?

Ciao, Michael.