Re: Problem with slapcat

Howard Chu wrote:

> slapcat dumps out entries in whatever order the database stored them. If you
> are using a hashing database library for ldbm, this will be a fairly random
> order. If you are using Berkeley DB with ldbm, in Btree mode, the entries
> should be listed in ascending entry_ID order. But there's a bug here that
> affects all Intel and other little-endian platforms: the entry ID is stored
> in little-endian order but BDB sorts in big-endian order, so it will again
> come up scrambled. I committed a patch for this BDB sorting problem about 3
> weeks ago in the development branch, but unfortunately that patch is not in
> any released versions yet. (My oversight; I think it should have gone into
> 2.0.19 but I missed it.) If you are not using BDB with the (default) Btree
> configuration, then there really isn't any solution.
>
>   -- Howard Chu
>   Chief Architect, Symas Corp.       Director, Highland Sun
>   http://www.symas.com               http://highlandsun.com/hyc
>   Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support

You can add your LDIF data in "offline"-mode. That means, your
LDAP-Server must not be running, and your LDIF data will be converted
directly into your database files (according to your slapd.conf). See
man slapadd for details.

Caution: Using slapadd will _overwrite_ existing databases, so don't
use ist if you want to add to a database.

HIH

CU
Werner