Re: Searche not ignorecase in cn attribute

Hi

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 10:18:57AM +0300, Volkov Serge wrote:
> Hello
>
> I try to search in OpenLDAP 2.0.19 in cn contains russian Surname, but it find only if I type first letter in uppercase
>
> whe is a problem

Yes, this is a known problem. This should work well with HEAD. I
haven't tried with Russian myself yet, but we use the Unicode
tables, so it should work. It would be nice if you could test it.
For getting HEAD, go to download at the OpenLDAP web site, and
then follow the link to the source repository. HEAD shouldn't be
used for production though, and right now you are likely to run
into problems with Russian characters in DNs. This will hopefully
be resolved in a few days.

The Unicode stuff should be in 2.1.

Stig