Re: Replacement for ldap_build_filter()?

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 09:26:46AM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
% This routine is not detailed in the (old) LDAP C API specification,
% RFC 1823, nor any of the LDAPext I-Ds.  It and a number of other
% routines are marked as deprecated to note that they are likely
% to be removed from the distribution in a later release.
%
% > Is there a replacement for it?
%
% Not within the provided LDAP C API.

I'm not too familiar with the I-D process; is there a chance that I could
work to get this into a draft and, if so, what would be the best way of
going about that? It seems that ldap_build_filter() functionality would save
a lot of duplicated (and possibly buggy) parsing code across lots of
applications.

thanks,
john
--