Authentication via Groups ?

Hi there,

We have one group "employees" containing every user (as a
posixAccount), and another group which splits into different
organisationalUnits (marketing,development etc.).
Now we try to authenticate based on the groups:
        [slapd.conf]
        base ou=marketing,ou=groups,dc=mydomain,dc=de
        pam_filter objectclass=posixGroup
        pam_login_attribute memberUid

Those groups are posixGroups and have a memberUid which is a valid uid
from the "employees" group.

Is that going to work? Would 'uniquemember' better suit our needs than
'memberUid'? Grateful for every comment,

Yours sincerely,
        Andreas Grosse