Re: configure - specify SleepyCat

Hi,
Did you manage to run openLDAP 2.018 with Berkeley DB 4, cause I compiled it but I had problem starting slapd

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit wrote:

From: "Euan Guttridge" <EGuttridge@buildonline.com>

When you say *installed*, does running configure -> make -> make install mean *installed* or do I need to do anything further? I suspect so as there is nothing in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib.

I *believe* the 'make install' procedure has to be completed for the required files to be present for OpenLDAP to finish. For BerkleyDB support, that is.

For more information,  I refer to  this topic described  in the OpenLDAP
Admin Guide, available at

  <URL:http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/install.html#Database Software>

<Quote>

OpenLDAP's  slapd(8)   primary  database   backend,  LDBM,   requires  a
compatible database package for  entry storage. LDBM is  compatible with
Sleepycat  Software's  BerkeleyDB  (recommended)  or  the  Free Software
Foundation's GNU Database Manager  (GDBM). If neither of  these packages
are available  at configure  time, you  will not  be able build slapd(8)
with primary database backend.

Your operating system may provide one of these two packages in the  base
system or as an  optional software component. You  may need may need  to
obtain the software and install it yourself.

</Quote>

--- Vyrdsamt... Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, Morvikbotn 341, 5122 Morvik, 55195667, 48298152 jakob@grimstveit.net / j@grimstveit.net, www.grimstveit.net System Integrator, TTYL as, jakob.breivik.grimstveit@ttyl.com, 55969161

Taymour A El Erian
Senior system engineer
GEGA NET
www.gega.net