Replication and branching

Hello,

We currently have iPlanet Directory server running at our central location.  At my
particular location we have the need to store some additional, locale specific
data.  We are looking at doing this two ways:

Replication or branching.

My question is can OpenLDAP accept replication and/or branching from an
iPlanet/Netscape server, or must it be another pure OpenLDAP server.  Also, could it
go the other way around, where iPlanet is replicated/branched from an OpenLDAP
server.

If not, are there any plans to implement this in the future, or are there any means
of doing such a task.

Thank you,

Hans Zaunere
IT Analyst and Development