Re: Can I get objectclass schema info from the API?

Do this:

Bind as your system LDAP account

do this query:

search base  "cn=subschema"
search scope "base"
search attributes objectClasses, attributeTypes, ldapSyntaxes

You'll need to parse the ASN.1-ish output, but the info is there.

Kevin

Quoting Ken Witzke <kwitzke@apple.com>:

> Folks,
>
> Is there a way to programmatically request through the API the required
> attribute types for a new entry creation given the objectclass?
>
> ie. Given that I wish to create a new entry of objectclass="inetorgperson"
> know that I need to create both the "cn" and "sn" entries.
> However, let's say that I didn't know but wished to discover this
> programmatically on the fly.
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Ken

This mail sent from Biltmore Communications
	http://www.biltmorecomm.com