RE: Dang! This is easperating...

It's been several days since you first started posting here, and I can't
make sense of your current messages in the context of the earlier emails.
Perhaps you should re-cap and tell us what your current configuration looks
like. Also the platform and software versions. I'm a little perplexed
because the string "value contains invalid data" doesn't occur anywhere in
the (current) OpenLDAP source code. If you're running an older release, you
should trash it and work with the current code. Particularly if you are just
starting out, you have no compatibility issues with older support to tie you
to the obsolete revisions.

  -- Howard Chu