problem in using ldap add

hi to all,
    It is the fresher guy once again .Well i have got this problem while
iam using ldap add .It says error ldif_record()=89.It  points at the
line havinf the dn entry which incidently is the first  line in my file.

I know that u guys would have faced this problem but still the entry in
my ldif file looks like this
dn: userid=ajit ,dc=xxx .dc=yyy,dc=com
Is it that i have to make the entries for dc=yyy and dc=xxx
Regards
ajit

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.