Re: ç­"å¤?: Newbie: Can any one help !!

Hello everyone,

There was some else i tried after i entered few queries with the command
$ ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=rspllinux,dc=com" -f first.ldif -W was
successful in adding the entries

> >4)
> >$ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 389 -x -b "" -s base -LLL ZZ
> >supportedSASLMechanisms
> >gives no result
>
> You likely have not configured SASL.

I have compiled the cyrus-sasl with these parameters :

./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --with-gnu-ld --enable-cram --e
nable-digest --enable-gssapi --enable-anon --enable-plain --enable-login

I also have tested the Working of SASL Client and Server after adding 2
users using saslpasswd utiltiy
One is Manager and password secret
second is bs and password bunty

Configured Openldap with this parameter:

./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix= --localstatedir=/var/openldap --wit
h-wrappers --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-slapd --enable-crypt --enable-spasswd
--with-tls --enable-kpasswd

Is there any thing else i am supposed to do to configure SASL with Openldap
?

> >5)
> >$ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 389 -x -b "" -s base -LLL
> >supportedSASLMechanisms
> >gives no result
>
> Same as 4.

but,
When i enter these search it gives me result

$ ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=rspllinux,dc=com" -b "" -Wxs base -LLL
supportedSASLMechanisms -h rspllinux.com
Enter LDAP Password:
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: LOGIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5

My doubt is why doesnt it start SASL by default.. what am i missing here ?
why do i have to mention the -Y and -U parameter to start the SASL Mechanism
?

please guide me !!
Thanks
Binoy