Re: automount samba shares after authentication with pam_ldap?

"Michael Wisse wrote:"

> Hello!
>
> Perhaps this question does not directly belong in these lists, excuse
> me. But probably someone here had a same problem and could solve it.

You are right it belongs in a Samba list, but...

> Authentication with pam_ldap works fine now, but after authentication I
> must mount a samba share as homedirectory for the user, which logged in.
> (Unfortunately I can not mount it during boot process, because the whole
> homedirectory tree is not exported.)
> Is there assistance from a pam module for automaticly mounting homedirs
> with the values, which I got from the ldap server during authentication
> and synchronization of unix and smb passwords?

In the Samba smb.conf file put the following:
    logon drive = H:
    homedir map = auto.home
    NIS homedir = Yes

The last two lines are only needed if you are using NIS and automounting
home directories. When the user logs in the H: drive should be mapped to
their home directory.

--

Regards,

David Highley		      Phone: (206) 669-0081
Highley Recommended, Inc.	FAX: (253) 838-8509
2927 SW 339th Street	      Email: dhighley@highley-recommended.com
Federal Way, WA 98023-7732	WEB: http://www.highley-recommended.com