quick question: description of version features

Hi,
   I was wondering is there a comprehensive description of
features for a given version of openLDAP?
   I ask because I get questions like "does openLDAP allow you
to ..." and I have trouble finding the answers.  The admin guide
doesn't cover features comprehensively, and the road map seems
to be a sketch.
   The last question I got asked was is it possible to do
selective replication (whereby certian nodes are omitted and on
the replica the child is glued to the grandparent (since the
parent is missing)).  I know there is work going on in selective
replication (replicating not all attributes, and other features)
BUT I haven't heard anything about omiting nodes (and gluing
children to grandparents or previous ancestors)) but I don't
actually know what is implemented in a given version.